Women in Agile is a crowdsourced effort to recruit, network, promote, and support the work of outstanding women in the agile community through blogging, speaking at events, and building a network among other women.
For details about our 2018 Women in Agile Conference and our initiative with the Agile Alliance, click here.
Founded in 2015 by Natalie Warnert, Women in Agile seeks to encourage, support, and expand women’s presence in the agile community. Ongoing efforts in Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM) fields strive to increase recruitment of women in order to promote diversity benefits in their respective industries.
However, recruitment activities often do not address the engagement and professional growth of women who are currently working in the aforementioned industries. These women must be empowered and active to create a sustainable community of female leaders and mentors to lead the next generation of women.
In addition, greater levels of involvement from women in the agile community will enhance the knowledge and idea sharing experience, to benefit the whole community of men and women alike.
We invite all men and women to be a part of the community. Please join us.
International and Local Focus
Partnering with the Agile Alliance, Women In Agile hosts an annual gathering connected with the Agile20XX conferences for women and men to come together and help further Women In Agile’s mission.
Locally, Women in Agile encourages women and men who would like to host events to bring the topic and discussion closer to home.
Want to help? Some of the most common questions we receive are what men and women can do to help further and support Women in Agile efforts.
Below are some ideas:
- Join the discussion by joining our LinkedIn group
- Follow our Twitter hashtag and tweet with it: #WomenInAgile
- Co-author a blog post with another woman
- Submit a blog post you’d like published
- Pay attention to calls for submissions and papers for upcoming conferences (we’ll try to keep you posted here as well)
- Propose a #WomenInAgile session or open space at the next conference you attend
- Copy the logo and proudly display it on your site
- Any other ideas? Let us know!
We also need help with website design/content, social media, marketing, etc for the Women in Agile efforts, so please contact us if you’d like to get involved.